100 Years Celebration of St John's Primary School
Sharon Easley, staff member, Dennington local and history enthusiast, has written a book commemorating St John's Dennington - Our First 100 Years. We thank and congratulate Sharon on such a remarkable book. While we had hoped to launch the book at the 100 year celebrations, we thank Father Michael for launching 'Our first 100 years' in a different way.
St John's School began in 1920 with approximately 47 children on the roll. The students were taught inside the St John's Church building by the Sisters of Mercy. In 1932 a separate school building was erected facing Errard Street (now the Princes Highway). The school grew with various buildings being added over the years.
The Sisters of Mercy were in charge of the school until 1989 when responsibility was handed over to lay administration.
In the mid-2000s a decision was made to move the school to a larger, more suitable site. A new school opened in 2011 at Russell Street.
Our school is celebrating 100 Years of Education (across two sites) in 2020.
More information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Father Michael launching 'Our first 100 years'
Sharon Easley, author, saying a few words about 'Our first 100 years'.
Purchasing 'Our First 100 Years' and Merchandise
If you would like to purchase the book or any merchandise commemorating 100 years then please download the link below.